Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What's that you say Bob?

I SAID,  "I will never be one of those guys who retires just to turn around and work another job 6 days a week."  I also said, "Never again will I take a job that has me in the road all the time and living out of a bag."  And here I am, doing exactly that.  But in Honduras.  Tired, but it's a good tired.

Last week was incredibly busy.  I had a group in Puerto Cortez with a medical clinic and I had to leave and drive 5 hours to Copan in the middle of the week for a meeting with a scouting group that will be bringing down a group in June.  It was a lot of driving, but both of these groups were incredible.  The Echol's group in Puerto Cortez was a medical brigade.  They saw close to 375 people!  They were such a joy to work with.  And so appreciative.

The group in Copan will be moving their operation there after working for many years in another location.  They were fun!  Very excited about the possibilities for medical clinic and construction on a church we have there that has been under construction for 10 years.  I stayed with my old Spanish teacher Edgar, and had a chance to visit with Edgarcito, who I've had in school for years.  He is speaking English now.  Great help.  Edgar is trying too.  Larry Tate and his group treated my to some of the finest dining in Copan, steak tenderloin in coffee and rum sauce.  Awesome.

I had to return to San Pedro to see off the Echol's team and missed them.  Then back to Puerto Cortez to wrap things up there.  Back home for two days.  I return to Puerto Cortez tomorrow with paper work and then back here in the evening.  Meeting with representatives of an engineering school Saturday morning to take some soil samples at San Juan School in preparation for the new construction.

Busy, busy, busy, but still loving life in Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment