Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Jack Melvin and I hosted the architects from Inscape Publico a couple of weeks ago per the last blog. After church on Sunday, we had the afternoon free and decided to go down to Comyagua, the original  Capitol of Honduras.  We toured a 1725 Cathedral which was beautiful.  It was a gloomy day and dark inside, and since there were people praying, I didn't want to use the flash, but the interior behind the altar was huge and all gold gilt.  They had what I think are the most beautiful stations of the cross I have ever seen.  They looked like porcelain in wooden frames.  In the park in front of the Cathedral the stones mimic the shadow of the church.


We toured what was "reported" as being the tallest bell tower in Central America



And the view was beautiful


Not only of the town but of the building itself





Thanks to Greg, Stefan and Kevin for the good company.  I really enjoyed the day with you.  You too Jack.  I look forward to working with all of you in the future on San Juan School Project.

1 comment: