Sunday, September 7, 2014

Where two or three are gathered

Today's reading from Matthew, "where two or three are gathered in my name, I am in the midst of them." This morning at San Juan's church in Siguatepeque I realized that just because I only understand about 30% of the sermon, and the hymns are all known by heart and hymn books are nonexistent, all the customs are different, it is still the same Spirit. The same bread and wine and the same Spirit. Though I may have difficulty communicating verbally with the people there, we all share one thing in common and that is our faith. The people are so welcoming and loving. I'm am thankful that where two or three are gathered, regardless of race, nationality, experience, past or present, or education, we all share in the presence of the same spirit. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment