Friday, July 18, 2014

Tonight I am in Copan Ruinas, the ancient Mayan city of Honduras. I am here with a wonderful group of young people from St Luke' s Birmingham, Al. We spent the last week teaching vacation Bible school and working on a construction project in Trinidad, Santa Barbara. It was really hot! And the construction project was really difficult. It was a small space and we had to mix batch after batch of cement on the ground, but the guys stuck with it and worked so hard without a single complaint. We experienced the incredible giving spirit of the Honduran people, did alot of good work, saw some awesome places and enjoyed the love of children and church members. I am so thankful for this group. It was my first group in my new position here with the Diocese of Honduras and they were just fantastic to work with. Thanks be to God

No comments:

Post a Comment